What you will need:
- 2-3 or more large rolls of decent duct tape
- good scissors (good to have some with blunted edges)
- permanent marker
- (not pictured) painters coveralls or old long sleeved and long pant clothing (tuck shirt top into waistband if using old cloths)
- paper towels
- 1 or 2 friends to help tape you up. The more hands helping, the quicker the process.
START taping at the groin. Pull the over all taught to the groin area and begin to lay stripes of tape.
It is CRUCIAL that you are standing in the position above. Arms should be at a T angle, and legs spread slightly apart.
- Put on your painters overalls. Make sure to have something on underneath too, such as a tank top and thin shorts, otherwise when the dummy is cut away you’ll be in the buff.
- START taping at the groin. Pull the over all taught to the groin area and begin to lay stripes of tape. Pull sections of tape in 6 inch strips. DO NOT hold the roll and spin it around the legs/arms/torso; this can cause the dummy to be too tight. Make sure to criss cross duct tape instead of one same parallel pattern.
- Once the groin and between the legs is done, jump up to the armpits. Pull the fabric up snug against the armpit and lay stripes of tape from armpit to around the shoulder. do this so the fabric is now lying nicely against the arm pit.
- Now you can go back to the groin. (leave the rest of the arms for last). Tape up the groin, back, buttocks, and back, making sure not to leave bare spots. It is best to layer tape. A good sturdy dummy yields the best body suit.
- Now continue down from the groin and onto the legs. Make sure you don’t miss between the legs.
- Tape all the way down to the ankles. If you run out of fabric coverage, wrap a paper towel around the ankle and tape over this. You will do the same with the wrists.
- Tape up to the neck line. Get as close to the base of the neck as you can without making the wearer uncomfortable. Again, if you run out of fabric, you can use paper towels.
- The last part to tape is the arms. Have your arms straight out beside you like a T. Tape all the way down to the wrists, using paper towels to wrap around if you run short of fabric to tape over. Make sure the armpit area is done correctly, tape directly up to the actual armpit, wrap or cut excess fabric to prevent sagging.
- Now check over the entire taped up model. make sure there are no holes, no weak spots, or no thin spots. Have the wearer bend his knees a bit to keep him/her comfortable.
- Take a marker and write your NAME, EMAIL ADDRESS and your CHARACTERS name on the BACK or CHEST of the dummy.
- Now mark where the tail will go with an X. The tail position should be at the base of your spin/top of your butt crack.
- Now draw a line with X’s on it. This is where you will cut along. The X’s are so we can line them up and tape it back up! (your DTD should look this way BEFORE cutting it off. Make sure it is correct.) If you have to make additional cuts to get it off, please make sure you mark your cut line with X’s before doing so.
- -Cut slowly, and gently. Remember, your putting scissors directly onto someones skin, so go easy! (:
YOUR ALL DONE! YAAAAAY!!!
Now, roll it up, put it in a box, and send it in!